What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up?
Trying to figure out which college major to stick with the next four (or so) years? Consider the experience of those who have gone before you.
In a recent study, students with STEM majors — those in science, technology, engineering and math — report the greatest satisfaction with their decision after college. Accounting majors are the most content.
Unfortunately for those of us who want to live the dream of being a rockstar or novelist, arts and humanities majors are the least satisfied. Only 46% of English majors and 48% of fine arts majors say they’re happy with their choices.
Most grads who wish they’d chosen a different path say it’s because of a lack of money or jobs in their field. While you’re making your decision, consider these college majors that lead to fast-growing, high-paying jobs:
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Nursing and Nursing Administration
- Pharmaceutical Sciences and Administration
- Human Resources Management and Services
- Electrical, Mechanical and Civil Engineering
- Health Information Technology
- Paralegal Studies
— AND –Graphic Design (Woot, an art one snuck in!)